Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Collaborative Learning

A big part of learning math and science is to discuss your ideas with other people and to ask questions, lots of questions.

I have tried to emphasize to our students that asking questions and working together is a strength. It's NOT a weakness to ask someone a question or to need help. It's great when you take control of your learning and talk with someone when you don't understand something. As a teacher, I do it with other teachers all the time.

I took this picture because I was so happy to see that someone had asked for help and to see that the two students were working together to solve a problem. Nice work!


Who is someone you have recently asked for help? In what way did they help you? 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Pahl,
    I was helping Evyn with comparing fractions on Khan Academy. I’m pretty sure she can tell what fraction is greater than, Less than, or equal too another fraction.
    From, Izabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. to talented artist

    My artist drew a barn owl I drew a snowy. I like his lots but I also like mine. I thank you for drawing an owl to. I enjoyed doing my art for you to make copy. You are talented artist.

    from:Liam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Liam,
      I didn't do the Art Walk because I wasn't here at the time, but I wish I could've been! It sounds like so much fun, and what a great idea! I wish I could have seen your owl, too.
      From, Sam

      Delete

We love it when you leave us a comment!

Please be sure your comment is interesting for others to read and that it somehow adds to the conversation. Be sure to read it after you type it. Does it say what you want it to say? Is it correctly written and spelled?

Please use ONLY your first name when commenting. You may also tell us where you are from or whether you know someone in our class. Examples: From, John, Mr. Pahl's friend, or From, Dawn, Nik's mom, or Sincerely, Mary, a student in Mr. Salsich's class.

Just below the Comment Box is a drop down menu. Select "Anonymous" from the choices; it is the last choice on the list. Then click "Post Comment." In order for your comment to be approved and posted, you should see a message highlighted in yellow that says "Your comment will appear after moderation." If you see a red line after you click Post Comment, your comment did not go through for some reason. Try it again until you see the message highlighted in yellow.

Thank you!